A Helpful Book: Get Your Life Back by John Eldredge
In Get Your Life Back, New York Times bestselling author John Eldredge provides a practical, simple, and refreshing guide to taking your life back.
By practicing a few wonderfully simple practices—or what John calls “graces”—you can begin to recover your soul, disentangle from the tragedies of this broken world, and discover the restorative power of beauty.
- Are you happy most of the time?
- Do you feel deeply loved?
- Are you excited about your future?
- How often do you feel lighthearted?
After reading this book you will…
- Learn how to insert the One Minute Pause into your day
- Begin practicing “benevolent detachment” and truly let it all go
- Offer kindness toward yourself in the choices you make
- Drink in the simple beauty available to you every day
- Take realistic steps to unplug from technology overload
These simple practices and others are ready for the taking. You don’t need to abandon your life to get it back. Begin restoring your life here and now. Your soul will thank you for it.
A Great Low-Carb Pizza: Johnny’s New York Style Pizza
I stumbled across Johnny’s Pizza a couple of weeks ago and discovered that they have a cauliflour crust option. I’ve now had the pizza a few times and think it’s really good. If you’re looking for a lower-carb option, I’d recommend you give it a try. If you do, let me know what you think!
A Cupcake Place Worth Checking Out: Cupcake People of Atlanta
Those that know me well know that I love a good cupcake — it really is my weakness. (It’s funny that I’m posting this on the same day I posted about low-carb pizza.) Laura and I were running errands on Saturday and I ran across Cupcake People in Duluth. I tried the Salted Caramel Cupcake and the Pancakes & Bacon Cupcake – both were tasty!
A Quote I’m Thinking About
Do not think or do anything without having some aim in sight; the person who journeys aimlessly will have labored in vain.” — Mark the Monk
What would you add? Feel free to comment by clicking here.