Eugene Peterson is most well known for his paraphrase of the Bible, The Message. My upbringing caused me to hold The Message at a distance for the early years of my Christian walk. Now, however, I have a fuller appreciation of Peterson as a pastor who had a desire to help his congregation not just know scripture with their heads but to experience and walk in it with their whole lives.
A Burning in my Bones is the authorized biography of this renowned pastor, teacher, and Bible translator. It is fascinating to read how God molded and shaped Eugene’s life.
“This hunger for something radical—something so true that it burned in his bones—was a constant in Eugene’s life. His longing for God ignited a ferocity in his soul.”
Encounter the multifaceted life of one of the most influential and creative pastors of the past half century with unforgettable stories of Eugene’s lifelong devotion to his craft and love of language, the influences and experiences that shaped his unquenchable faith, the inspiration for his decision to translate The Message, and his success and struggles as a pastor, husband, and father.
Author Winn Collier was given exclusive access to Eugene and his materials for the production of this landmark work. Drawing from his friendship and expansive view of Peterson’s life, Collier offers an intimate, beautiful, and earthy look into a remarkable life.
For Eugene, the gifts of life were inexhaustible: the glint of fading light over the lake, a kiss from Jan, a good joke, a bowl of butter pecan ice cream. As you enter into his story, you’ll find yourself doing the same—noticing how the most ordinary things shimmer with a new and unexpected beauty.
I don’t know about you but it seems like I can’t find the right tool when I need it. To help, I decided to add this basic took kit to each of our cars so that we would have the essentials should we need them.
The kit includes:
- 1pc-3/8″ ratchet handle; 19pc-1/4″ sockets:5/32, 3/16, 7/32, 1/4, 9/32, 5/16, 11/32, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12mm
- 8pc-3/8″ sockets:9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4; 14 15, 16, 17mm; 1pc-3/8″ x 3″ extension bar; 4pc-screwdrivers; 1pc-adjustable wrench; 1pc-screwdriver handle; 1pc-long nose plier; 1pc-diagonal plider; 1pc-auto voltage tester
- ADAPTOR inside for all bits (20 sockets) Drive Socket & Socket Wrench Sets
AirTags make it dead simple to keep up with keys, bags, checkbooks, luggage, and more! I used AirTags on a recent trip and could see when our luggage made it on each airplane. If you use iOS devices, AirTags are very useful.
- Keep track of and find your items alongside friends and devices in the Find My app
- Simple one-tap setup instantly connects AirTag with your iPhone or iPad
- Play a sound on the built-in speaker to help find your things, or just ask Siri for help
- Precision Finding with Ultra Wideband technology leads you right to your nearby AirTag (on select iPhone models)
- Find items further away with the help of hundreds of millions of Apple devices in the Find My network
- Put AirTag into Lost Mode to be automatically notified when it’s detected in the Find My network
- All communication with the Find My network is anonymous and encrypted for privacy, Location data and history are never stored on AirTag
- Replaceable battery lasts over a year
- AirTag is IP67 water and dust resistant
- Make AirTag yours with a range of colorful accessories, sold separately
A Quote from I’m Thinking About
One way to define spiritual life is getting so tired and fed up with yourself you go on to something better, which is following Jesus.” – Eugene Peterson