1. The Spirit’s Prompting v. 22
“Now compelled by the Spirit I am going to Jerusalem.”
Paul can’t fully explain it, but says that it is like he is being wrapped up and pulled to Jerusalem.
Moments like this are moments when God plants something in your soul. You feel impressed by God to do something for him.
God will often speak in the small things (speaking into somebody, etc). Trust those moments. It could be:
– I need to tell my story.
– There is an injustice in the world.
– God will place a burden on you.
When God speaks to you and prompt you in these ways, pay attention to him.
2. Certain Uncertainty
“Not knowing what will happen to me there.”
A lot of people stop after the prompting because they don’t know all the details. God doesn’t show you all the details all at once. If he did, you would probably run the other direction.
To step toward your destiny, you will have to step away from your security. There are so many details. You can’t handle all the details. You will have to take a step by faith.
If you are not leading with a little uncertainty every now and then, you are not leading by faith.
Pay attention to these moments!
3. Predictable Resistance
You have a spiritual enemy who does not want you to do what God wants you to do.
v23 – Paul knew that there were hardships in every city.
If you are not ready to face opposition for your obedience to God you are not ready to be used by God.
Everything new and effective thing for God will always bring resistance.
Don’t worry when you are being criticized; worry when you’re not!
4. Uncommon Clarity
Very few people achieve the state of uncommon clarity. For you to do so, you have to take the step of faith, pressing through the resistance.
I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I’m in the sweet spot that God created. When you have that time of clarity you have an ability to say “Yes” to what God has called you to and “No” to the things that distract you.
Adapted from book Tribal Leadership:
– Make Name – You have to believe I am good enough to do this. The enemy is anybody that gets in the way.
– Make a Difference – I don’t want it to be about me. I want to make a difference. You get a group around you and say, “We’re good.” The enemy are the people different than us.
– It’s all about God. I’m not good. We’re not good. Only God is good. At this level the enemy is the devil.
Take a step. To find out, take a step out.